Get in touch with your Inner self and Celebrate Life
The world that is today, is about speed. Rush to the job, meet deadlines, tension, the anxiety of dealing, challenges, proving our self to others, catering to the expectation of family members, of the workplace, friends, the social media …everyone else, except our own selves. There is someone waiting endlessly for our attention, and that is our own inner self. It is the true self, the unique real self which resides inside each one of us.
When we connect with our inner self and become aware of the truth inside, it changes our perspective to life, it liberates us from our old self, it changes the attitude with which we were going about life as we realize our own power. Fear reduces, forgiving our own self and others become spontaneous. We feel much more collected, How do we get in touch with that inner self?
There is no set process to get in touch with the inner self. However, there are some ways in which we can allow time to delve into the inner journey, on a daily basis.
Easy Positive Ways to connect with your inner self
- Firstly ask self, “Do I love myself?” It is a big question and a popular topic. Self-love starts from completely accepting who we are. It is not selfish to love one’s own self. Though it may be a difficult question to tackle and one may feel it is narcissism. But the fact is that it is of utmost importance to embrace ourselves, else how can we expect everyone to accept and love us? Also its the key to the inner self.
- Quietening the mind and being alert to the answer from within is essential. The inner self does not lie, it lovingly talks to us so we need to be open to hearing it, be aware and understand it. Accepting one’s own self physically, mentally and emotionally makes us a calmer person. Befriending our own self helps us to hold our own hand and walk life’s path, rather than always looking outside for love, appreciation, validations etc.
Meditation can be a good way to reach the inner self. Relax, take a few deep breaths, focus all your senses and go within. Just be in that moment with self, sit still and quiet like an angler, and wait. You are sure to feel the tug and an array of things will reveal to you the true essence of yourself. Regular practice to build up the rapport with the true inner self unfolds life in a happier and better version than before.
- Many people chant mantras to gain focus and get centred to reach the inner space. It can be a simple chanting of OM, some other Vedic mantra or an affirmation. It just is a tool to focus and bring centeredness. Mantras intrinsically have a positive calming effect on us.
- The process is also about indulging in things which actually make us happy, it might be as simple as a journaling of thoughts, going for a run, singing or any other such things which expands our awareness about our true inner beauty. Nurturing a hobby is a good way too.
- Saying thank you to your loved ones for something which he/she does every day to contribute to our life and being grateful for each thing we have and are being given spontaneously make life a celebration.
- Allow yourself the luxury of having a meal of your favourite dishes as a treat for yourself, once in a while. It conveys the message of love to ones inner self and sends a signal to the Universe that we are grateful.
The journey inwards can be turbulent as on the way we come across many unaddressed issues. To acknowledge those unaddressed issues, the hurt, the frayed relationship etc. as a part of our self, to be aware of it, accept it and heal it by lovingly releasing it to the universe makes life lighter and helps us to get a step ahead in meeting our true self.
When we are in touch with our true inner self it beautifully manifests in helping us to ‘live’ every moment of life to the fullest and not merely go through the moments of the day. Life automatically becomes a celebration. It does not take big things to celebrate life’s gifts, rather it takes small things which we can do every day to keep our mood, energy, vibration filled with happiness and joy.
Being aware of the beauty of each moment that we are spending in a day and acknowledging the brilliance of that moment helps us to celebrate life.
Small things like rewarding our own self every day with something we like to do, be it playing the guitar, playing a certain sport, solving that crossword puzzle and such other small indulgences are big things which makes one celebrate life. Celebrating life requires to unleash the inner child within us.
Easy does it!..and the more we are in this mode, the more we become open to receiving the joys of life. Nothing then seems a struggle as everything is seen with a sparkle to it. Life then just flows in a constant celebration.